Tuesday 11 November 2014

Paper Cranes

Writing Club 
Feb 25, 2014
Exercise #1

Prompt: But I soon became convinced I had to…


But I soon became convinced I had to release the entire hoard, toss out the whole thing, the baby with the bathwater you could say.  When I could no longer see a square inch of the hard wood, I realized I was drowning in paper cranes.  One little match would solve all my problems.  It flickered to life as I struck the box, burning down the stick to nip my fingers.  With one quick huff, my fledgling flock was saved.  As I folded the ideas over and over again until they were neatly pressed between my thumbs, my resolve mellowed.  Why not make a flipping pink frog or two?  The stack of pastel paper rested on the one clear surface in the foyer.  Dreaming of purple daisies and or an armada of unsailable sailboats, all the things that could be produced on a whim and left to sit witlessly by the front door.  One gust from the world beyond set my fleet a sailing and my flock to soaring, dancing upon invisible strings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment