Monday 24 November 2014

Java for Astronauts

Writing Club Nov. 19, 2013

Prompt: Write about the photo- An astronaut sitting on a bench at a bus stop with a parking garage behind.

I guess when there’s nothing left to do, you find yourself sitting on a park bench waiting for a bus to pull up and take you home, never mind that you’re stuck in a 300 lb. astronaut suit on main street Mars.
I came to find myself in this position when the ship left without me.  I guess that was their plan all along.  Who wants an incessant snorer on a 3 month trip in close quarters? 
All that was left was freeze-dried decaff and Tony can’t fly the ship without his morning cup of joe.  So they sent the new guy.  And like a fool, I headed down the gang plank and into Lunar Lundy’s for 4 espressos to go.  No sooner was I out and they sealed the hatches behind me and lit up the rockets. 
Good thing I had my moon boots on to absorb my less than stellar landing.  So here I am on Delta Five outpost until I can grab the next intergalactic solar bus home.  It’s been three hours since my com went down and this E.T. doesn’t even have a quarter to call home.  Guess I wait for my ship to come in…


No comments:

Post a Comment