Wednesday 29 October 2014

Fishing Tale

Writing Club
Exercise #2
Feb 25,2014

Maximalism vs Minimalism

Write a sentence with as many words as possible and write the same with as few as possible.

Minimalism: 
I caught a pike while ice fishing.


Maximalism: 
Though the bitter northern gale beat upon my worn mustard yellow nylon hut so it flapped frantically as though at any moment it would take flight to follow after the geese that had flown the coop three months ago, I had patiently waited poised over the unblinking inky black pupil I carved before the storm hit in the fourteen inch thick ice, resting precariously on my three legged stool, accompanied by Shadow, the most mellow Alaskan Malamute ever to have not seen the cold tundra, who himself was engrossed in gnawing through an entire elk’s femur, only momentarily lose grip on my fishing pole when Steel-eyed Pete took hold of my line, but I managed to reel the slimy sea monster in, not without wearing through my wet woolen mitts in the hour and a half wrestling match.

No comments:

Post a Comment